Thank you, Ambits and Herculean Alliance, for hosting the webinar about the book “Employee engagement, what else?” of Inge Van Belle & Klaus Lommatzsch.
If you missed the webinar, here are some key takeaways I would like to share with you.
- Employee engagement occurs when employees feel mentally, physically and emotionally engaged with their work (source: William Kahn).
- Employee engagement is a means to reach your company objectives, and it is not an objective on its own.
- The benefits of being a company with good employee engagement: customer delight, generating a stronger brand, higher productivity, intrapreneurship and higher retention of your employees.
- Scientific research has shown there is a causality between employee experience and customer experience. Happy employees lead to more satisfied customers and, as a result, the growth of your business.
- Corporate well-being is only one of the 12 drivers of employee engagement.
- Leadership is the most crucial driver. It makes it or breaks it. Trust in your employees and you as a leader by your employees is the engine of leadership. And teamwork is the fuel for this engine: allowing people to be themselves and make mistakes (vulnerability), setting clear goals and having clear communication help you to create a safe working environment for the team.